Tips To Use Coconut Oil To Repair Damaged Hair
People with damaged hair tend to feel terrible about the situation and most think that nothing can be done to reverse the damage. However, a little care goes a long way and you can kick start healthier growths with the right care for your hair. Coconut oil has shown to repair hair and it should consequently be among your remedies for the damaged hair. The market has lots of coconut oil brands and you must ensure that you buy yourself the best quality to see the desired results with your hair. Here are a few tips that can help you use coconut oil appropriately to repair your damaged hair.
1. The simplest way of using coconut oil to repair your hair is when the hair is damp and this average after taking your bath or shower. Dry the hair a little and then massage coconut oil into the hair and all the way to your scalp.
2. If the oil is sold at room temperature, then you should heat it up between your hands or let the oil jar sit in warm water for a while before you go ahead with the application.
3. Let the length of your hair help you decide what oil amount is best. You should truly begin massaging a little oil at a time using the fingertips and ensuring that you work it all the way into the follicles by applying to the hair roots with care.
4. After applying the oil, you can then cover the hair using a shower cap or towel. You can then leave the oil overnight for thorough conditioning treatment. Alternatively, you can just allow it to sit for at the minimum 30 minutes for intensive conditioning.
5. Remember that coconut oil can be runny and messy, hence it is most advisable to apply small amounts until you have done the complete scalp and hair. In case you apply a little too much, you can dry the hair a little using a small towel.
6. Also important to remember is that coconut oil can stain towels and clothes. You consequently should consider getting a towel specifically for your oil treatment sessions so you do not end up running your good towels and linens.
7. Besides directly applying the oil to your hair, you can also use it as shampoo by adding a tablespoon of the oil in warm water and using the water solution like you do with your shampoo. You might not feel like much cleansing is taking place, but the oil is a cleansing agent and it will work well for your hair.
8. To get the best results when using coconut oil as shampoo for your hair, you can mix it up with a hair growth shampoo or thorough conditioner after your massage and rinse the scalp clean. It is a good approach to promote better hair growth.
To get the best results with your damaged hair, ensure that you conduct the thorough moisturizing session on a regular basis.