The Importance of the Legal Profession in our Society
Typically, litigation lawyers should understand the basic principles of law and justice. Being a legal specialized can be tiring however very much exciting and rewarding since he is capable of affecting many of people’s lives. The practice of law is indeed a great experience.
Like any other class of professionals, such as doctors, scientists and engineers, lawyers also have a certain standard to follow, which the legal profession requires. They should set a good example to people in abiding by the laws of the land. Their failure to do so may be considered as grounds for the revocation of their licenses in practicing their profession.
Although there are lawyers who practice law in general, majority of them opt to have their fields of specialization. Here is a list of some areas of law:
- Maritime Law attorneys – help clients in resolving legal situations like freight and passenger canal liability, oil pollution complaints, marine resources regulations, international trade, maritime injuries, cargo disputes and others.
- Aviation Law attorneys – manager situations concerning air travel safety.
- Civil Rights litigators – defend the people’s rights and privileges under the United States Constitution. These include the right to suffrage, peaceful assembly, press freedom, right against slavery, among others.
- Corporate lawyers – provide assistance to business entities regarding their creation, organization and dissolution.
- Criminal Law attorneys – manager criminal situations or violations of public laws that may be punishable by fines and/or imprisonment. They may act either as prosecutors or as defense lawyers.
- Labor lawyers – act as advocates of good employer/employee relationship. They take charge in handling situations such as employer abuse, harassments, wrongful termination, employment disability and other labor law violations.
- Personal Injury lawyers – assist injured victims of negligence or strict liability. They ensure that the aggrieved will retrieve proper damages from the liable party who caused their pain and experiencing and deter the defendants from committing similar acts in the future.
- Family Law attorneys – deals with family-related situations such as marriage legitimacy, divorce, annulment, character settlements, legal adoption, child abuse and abduction of minors,
While a number of people believe that litigation attorneys practice their profession purely for profit, a great majority of these law professionals offers their assistance at low costs or sometimes free of charge. In fact, the overwhelming benefits of employing a lawyer far outweigh the cost of hiring one.
With that observe, those noble legal practitioners should be commended for their great dealings; for protecting our rights and ensuring that justice prevails at all times. Without their expert sets, law and order will definitely keep just a dream.