ALTAMONT, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A powered paraglider pilot was rescued from strength lines at Indian Ladder Farms Monday.
It was a situation you don’t see every day: a paraglider was making his way down when he got too close to strength lines and became stuck.
First responders received a call around 5:30 p.m. Monday from Indian Ladder Farms that a paraglider was in the strength lines and hanging by the motor and propeller of his aircraft. National Grid arrived on scene where they turned off the strength lines in the area.
Crews brought the man down safely. He refused medical treatment and went home.
Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple said the man was lucky because he could have been electrocuted. He said the pilot was legally flying and was wearing a helmet.
National Grid said strength has since been restored to about 555 customers.
More from NEWS10
- Paraglider pilot rescued from strength lines
- WellNow opening new location dedicated to COVID testing
- Coroner to keep up press conference on Gabby Petito autopsy on Tuesday
- Local elected officials talk investments in child care
- At last! Bull elk gets tire off neck after 2 years
Follow us on social media
Sign up for our newsletter
Click: See details