DENVER (KDVR) — Suzanne Morphew disappeared two years ago on Mother’s Day and she has not been seen since.
During an interview with Good Morning America on Friday, Barry Morphew said he just wants his wife to be found.
“I just love my girls and I love my wife and I just want her to be found,” Barry Morphew said.
The murder charge against Barry Morphew was dismissed without prejudice in April. However, without prejudice method the case could nevertheless be refiled at a later date.
Here’s the timeline of Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance:
- May 10, 2020: Suzanne Morphew disappeared
- May 11, 2020: Search efforts continue with drones and scent-tracking dogs
- May 14, 2020: Family of Suzanne Morphew offers $200,000 reward
- Barry Morphew put out a reward of $100,000 and a family friend equaled the amount, totaling $200k for her safe return.
- May 15, 2020: Personal items of Suzanne Morphew’s were found
- May 17, 2020: Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue Team searched water sites
- May 17, 2020: Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office asks residents to preserve video footage from May 8 – May 12
- May 17, 2020: Barry Morphew asks for safe return of Suzanne Morphew in video
- May 19, 2020: Suzanne Morphew’s home is cordoned off as authorities search area around house
- May 22, 2020: Residential character on the east side of Salida is searched
- July 24, 2020: Neighbors want answers from police on search efforts for Suzanne Morphew
- August 11, 2020: Barry Morphew speaks for the first time in 3 months regarding Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance
- August 30, 2020: Brother of Suzanne Morphew asks for volunteers to help search for Suzanne
- September 2, 2020: Co-workers of Barry Morphew claimed he spent the night before Suzanne Morphew vanished at a budget hotel in Denver and left the room reeking of chlorine
- September 3, 2020: “Profiling Evil” team enlists volunteers in search for Suzanne Morphew
- September 3, 2020: Barry Morphew responds to co-workers’ claims about his connection to his wife’s disappearance
- September 10, 2020: Search continues for Suzanne Morphew despite silence from Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
- September 24, 2020: Hundreds join Suzanne Morphew’s brother in search for Suzanne
- September 28, 2020: Evidence is found near Suzanne Morphew’s home related to her disappearance
- October 6, 2020: Suzanne Morphew’s home is put up for sale
- October 15, 2020: Dr. Oz speaks to Nancy Grace about disappearance of Suzanne Morphew
- October 29, 2020: Private dive team arrives in Colorado to search for Suzanne Morphew
- November 10, 2020: Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office writes observe of thanks to the community and says, “To preserve the integrity of this investigation, we cannot show all we have learned nor all that we are doing,” as it relates to the investigation into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew
- March 4, 2021: Home of Suzanne Morphew is sold
- May 5, 2021: Barry Morphew is arrested
- May 13, 2021: Barry Morphew was charged with submitting presidential ballot in Suzanne’s name
- August 9, 2021: Investigators show Suzanne was having an affair
- August 10, 2021: Truck, phone data detail Barry’s actions
- September 20, 2021: Barry Morphew was released from jail on bond
- September 20, 2021: 130 pages of arrest documents released in Barry Morphew case
- October 13, 2021: estimate rules Barry Morphew can stay living in Maysville, despite ankle-monitor not tracking
- November 8, 2021: New documents released in Barry Morphew murder case
- January 12, 2022: Barry Morphew requests new trial date, change of venue in wife’s murder case
- January 24, 2022: estimate orders prosecution release emails, documents in Barry Morphew case
- January 25, 2022: ‘It has been a hard and confusing time’: Barry Morphew’s daughters plead for court to allow their father to visit
- March 1, 2022: One of the agents investigating Suzanne Morphew’s death said arresting Barry Morphew was “premature.”
- April 19, 2022: The district attorney for the 11th Judicial District dismissed the murder charge against Barry Morphew without prejudice.
- April 19, 2022: ‘The prosecution was manufacturing a murder case’: Defense blasts DA after Morphew charges dropped
- May 6, 2022: Attorneys for Barry Morphew said they are planning to file a complaint against the district attorney’s office for mishandling the case
Police believe that Suzanne Morphew’s body is in a far away and mountainous vicinity near the Morphew residence. However, weather has complicated recovery efforts, according to court documents. The area received a meaningful amount of snow before the search could be completed.
Law enforcement believes it is close to locating the body of Suzanne Morphew.
Suggest a Correction
Click: See details