JAY H. SCHNEIDERMAN
- Schneiderman, 59, is a Southampton Village resident and is seeking his fourth two-year term as Southampton Town supervisor. He also is running on the Conservative and Clean Water lines.
- He before served as supervisor of East Hampton Town and as a Suffolk County legislator representing the second district, which spans the South Fork.
- He has a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Ithaca College, a master’s in education from SUNY Cortland and an administration certificate from Long Island University C.W. Post.
- Schneiderman, who is running unopposed, touted his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- He says improving water quality in the town is top priority.
- Holding the line on taxes is important for Schneiderman, who has before said he had never presented a budget with a tax rate increase until the 2021 Southampton Town budget. The town raised the tax rate by just under 2.5% that year after its population swelled and the need for town sets grew during the pandemic.
Click: See details