Body Meridians are pathways by which chi or energy moves around the body. While invisible to some, people who are sensitive to energy can see these channels as light flowing by the body. Those that run close to the surface of the body are not difficult to feel and again those sensitive to energy can feel the push of the energy along these channels.
There are Body Meridians to deliver energy to each organ. Others perform different roles in the body. The Heart, Small Intestine, Lung and Large Intestine and Pericardium Meridians are in the Upper Body, along with The Triple Warmer. Lower Body Meridians include the Gall Bladder, Liver, Stomach, Spleen, Kidney, and Bladder. Other Meridians are: Directing, Governing, Penetrating, Yin Linking, Yang Linking, Yin Hill and Yang Heel.
Body Meridians can become clogged, just as arteries do. Sometimes, this shows up as acne, or freckled skin and moles. When you’re feeling tired and out of sorts, it just may be due to improperly flowing Meridians.
Here is an exercise you can use to help clear out the pathways and enjoy a burst of energy.
- Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Make sure your back is straight and your hips in alignment.
- To center your energy pull in your diaphragm while raising your arms over your head, turning your palms toward the ceiling. While breathing by your mouth, slowly lower your arms, brining your hands in front of you until your fingers almost touch and the palms are facing upward. Repeat the breathing exercise 2 more times.
- Next breathe in slowly and close your hands into fists with your thumbs tucked inside, palms nevertheless facing upward.
- Exhale slowly as you push your hands forward while rotating your palms into a downward position.
- Take a short breath while pumping your elbows backward. Do this a total of three times.
- Exhale strongly as your thrust your fists forward three times.
Repeat the complete exercise three times.
Next, put your focus into the center of your body, pulling your energy into that space. keep up for a count of at the minimum 10. Taking more time to center your energy is already more advantageous.
The best time to do this exercise is first thing in the morning. If you do this exercise late at night, you may have difficulty going to sleep. Do this simple exercise daily and you’ll be amazed at how it transforms your health and emotional wellness.