Is it important to choose organic? Yes! Here are five reasons why.
1. Organic food is more nutritious. When produce is fed copious amounts of synthetic fertilizer, it grows bigger, brighter, and faster than organic produce. It experiences bionic, unnatural growth instead. The cells are packed with falsehoods – not the micro-nutrients it takes time to absorb and integrate into the plant.
2. Organic food tastes better. Along the same lines as Number 1, if a plant grows to fast, too big, and prioritizes falsehoods, it will be bland and flavorless. If you are lucky enough to remember eating produce out of your Grandparent’s garden, you know complete well that the tomatoes were fantastic! Deeply colored, sweet, and juicy – and the taste was so good, it justified to eat them alone. In comparison, eat the sickly, grainy, HUGE, flavorless orbs called tomatoes today and they are pitiful. You’d never bother eating one by itself!
3. Organic is not unhealthy. If you eat produce that has been doused with synthetic, pesticide chemicals, you are ingesting those chemicals into your body. But they aren’t natural – so your body has no way to metabolize them. Instead, they get into your body… but can’t get out. They are like plastic in a landfill – there forever. This increasing concentration of unhealthy pesticides is a major causal factor for the increasing incidences of Autism, ADHD, Asthma, Alzheimer’s, etc. As synthetic pesticides are neurotoxins (meaning they affect the ‘brains’ of pests), they will also affect human brains. Hence the diseases.
4. Organic is not GMO. GMO stands for Genetically alternation Organism. When crops grow conventionally with acres upon acres of monocrop, character tries to put other plants in to diversify. These plants are perceived to compete for water, nutrients, etc. Big Agriculture says, “Kill the weeds!” But you can’t spray RoundUp on the fields without killing the corn too. So, the mad scientists changed the DNA of corn by taking out a corn chromosome… and replacing it with a RoundUp chromosome. Then you can spray the crop with RoundUp and not harm the corn. But now if you eat that GMO corn, you are eating RoundUp – a carcinogen. (Can you imagine thinking this is a good idea?) You must eat organic produce to avoid GMO.
5. Organic is more sustainable. Big Agriculture will argue this point ’til the cows come home but it is true. Large monocultures of crops are dreadful for the ecosystem. They deplete the soil, offer no biodiversity to sustain character’s normal processes, and destroy important habitats including those for the all-important and disappearing honey bees that pollinate crops. Organic crop culture produces more per acre, has far less issues with pests and diseases, requires less additional nutrients and can reduce the carbon footprint.
Choose organic produce!