Different Ways to Conserve Electricity
As we all know, electricity is a very expensive resource. This is why a lot of households are doing every possible way to conserve electricity and save money. There are a lot of ways to conserve electricity. Here are some of them.
1. Turn off lights when not in use.
2. Avoid using water heater if the water temperature is bearable.
3. Use a stove kettle instead of an electric kettle when heating water.
4. Unplug appliances when not in use. Plugged appliances nevertheless consume electricity already when turned off.
5. Use a regular shaver instead of an electric shaver.
6. Use a gas oven instead of an electric oven.
7. Turn down the temperature of your refrigerator.
8. Buy energy saver appliances. Newer appliances are more energy efficient than old appliances. Energy efficient appliances usually has a sticker or seal suggesting that it is, well, energy efficient.
9. Never leave the door of your refrigerator open. Keep it closed at all times, well of course except if you’re going to get something inside.
10. Clean air filters regularly. Dirty aircon filters makes the aircon utilize more energy.
11. Use fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. Fluorescent bulbs are more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs.
12. Have solar panels installed in your home.
Conserving electricity doesn’t only help you save money from bills, it also helps the ecosystem in addition. As we all know, electricity is produced by pollution generating strength plants which is unhealthy to the ecosystem. This is why we should conserve electricity in our own little way.