Boy burns layers off tongue after eating additional sour SWEET as parents i…

There are growing calls for additional sour sweets to come with complete warnings and strict age restrictions after a number of parents reported their children’s tongues have been burned by the treats

Parents have been warned about the dangers of additional sour lollies after a little boy endured serious burns

Parents and dentists have issued a stark warning to mums and dads after a inner of a boy’s tongue was scorch off by an additional strong sweet.

They has been told about the dangers of the popular lolly after the lad endured serious burns in his mouth.

Safety and first aid service CPR Kids shared an image of the child which showed his scalded tongue.

He needed urgent medical attention because of the high acidic content.

The organisation didn’t name the sweet or the company – but says parents they must be careful when selecting treats for youngsters.

The post read: “Sour candy packaging often stipulates that children under 4 shouldn’t eat the sweets and that consuming multiple lollies quickly can cause ‘permanent irritation to sensitive tongues and mouths’.

The post came weeks after another mother showed what a similar sweet did to her young daughter’s tongue

“We understand that the labels come with warnings, but dentists say the lollies should be avoided altogether due to the acidic coating in spite of of age.”

The photo was sent to CPR Kids from the boy’s mother, based in Perth, Australia, so they could ‘spread awareness’.

It comes months after former Paramedic and child-safety educator Nikki Jurcutz shared an image on Facebook after a young girl got keep up of her brother’s sweets.

She too wanted to make other parents aware of the dangers of sour sweets.

The post read: “My daughter got into my son’s war head lollies.

“They are super sour and acidic. She come to me screaming ‘my tongue is sore’.

“They had burnt her tongue, she was beside herself. We spoke to a doctor and got advise on what to do.

“She is okay thankfully but I was so worried when I had seen what they had done to her.”

The lollipop the little girl consumed had been a War Heads lollipop, made by Impact Confections, the mum claimed.

Advice on their website states that some candy is only appropriate for children aged four and over.

Dr Jonathan Teoh from the Australian Dental Association backed the parents calls for companies to offer more warning that sour lollies can be “highly dangerous”.

Read More

Read More



Click: See details

Leave a Reply